Spring Jewelry Trends : Hoop Earrings
The trend that's always in style
Love hoop earrings, but not quite sure which
styles suits you best?
I've got the answers for you right here!
It’s no secret, hoops are my go-to earring for any outfit. There are so many varieties available to suit anyone’s style. Of course, when I was buying for the boutique earlier this year, I spotted many designers were coming out with a fresh take on hoops! I thought now would be a great opportunity to share their versatility and highlight some of the details you will find in each pair, I have brought in for the Spring 2021 collection.
Hoops have always been a classic. When you think of hoops most people imagine solid gold hoops, a true staple. However, with creativity and innovation, there are many ways a simple hoop can take your outfit to the next level, whether you have a more contemporary or classic wardrobe if you like to keep it casual or add a little touch of femininity.
I recently took a poll over on Instagram and turns out most of you are nervous to take a step into the hoop world, let me formally introduce you to your new favorite accessory.
Let’s start with an everyday classic: Lover’s Tempo Silvia Hoops. These are a simple clean 12mm diameter hoop with a sterling silver post made out of Vancouver. They add simple detail to any look, great for those who have a capsule wardrobe.
Daisy London is your perfect match if you prefer unique details rather than bold statements. I was thrilled to bring Daisy into the boutique this season as they have some stunning details on their hoops. Stacked Rope Midi Hoop has an intricate twist throughout the hoop and is available in both silver and gold. The Leaf Hoop is another option that adds a natural element to an outfit. To get the best balance of detail and boldness I would suggest the Artisan Woven Hoop. This hoop is a little larger but has unique sketch marks etched around the earring.
Staying in the mid-range size hoops but with a more delicate feminine touch are the beaded Pan Hoops from Abacus Row. No matter your colour palette I have the ones for you. These hoops are the ideal outfit enhancement whether you're wearing jeans or a summer dress, all you need is a sunhat and a picnic basket, and you're set for the perfect day out!
For a true classic, but slightly larger version of the Lover's Tempo. I would suggest our in-house Everyday Medium Hoops. These are available in both Gold Fill and Sterling Silver.
If you're still looking to amp up your look a bit more, let me introduce you to the Minka Thin Hoops and the Mendoza Hoops. These gorgeous thin hoops, proves sometimes size does matter... while delicate in nature these beauties are bold and in charge, and level up any power suit. Talk about being a boss!
Check out the full spring collection!
What is so great about online shopping? Here's the good, the bad and the ugly about the ever growing and ever evolving industry of online shopping.
Online Shopping : Why and Why Not?
We have all done it- checked out an online store, found something we love, and in the end, got a bit trigger shy and decided to not complete the purchase.
Or, you did make the purchase and when you received the item you were shocked and disappointed because it wasn't at all what you had expected.
Or, you made the purchase and were thrilled when the beautiful parcel arrived at your door! You not only loved what you bought, but the whole online shopping experience was fantastic and the customer service was amazing!
A little background- I have personally experienced the first two scenarios, and that is why Apostyle was born. Apostyle is the online jewelry boutique that will give you the online shopping experience that you deserve. Fun, simple and exceeds your expectations!
Why online shopping? Why should you buy jewelry online and not at a bricks and mortar store? What's so great about buying jewelry online?
Here a few of the biggest, and most obvious, reasons why many people opt for online shopping over going to a shopping mall or street.
1. A large frustration about going to a shopping mall or popular shopping street is parking. You don't have to circle the lot to find a space that will fit your vehicle, pay for parking, or walk a mile to get to an online store.
2. Do it when you want and how you want! 1:00 in the morning in your pajamas, mid afternoon at work, or while your kids are napping. Online shopping allows you to shop when you want! (And you don't have to worry about what your hair looks like or feel the need to look "decent")
3. No lines or crowds or commission paid salespeople.
Those three reasons are minor, but here are the biggest, most practical and economical, reasons why buying jewelry online should become your go-to destination:
1. Variety. There are few physical stores that are dedicated to jewelry. Many stores these days are a home goods/jewelry/furniture store, or a clothing/jewelry/handbag/shoe store. While these concepts are wonderful, this limits the number of designers and styles they can carry. An online jewelry boutique, such as Apostyle, gives you a fantastic selection of designers for you to choose from.
2. I'm about to let you in on a little secret. As you know, location is everything when it comes to bricks and mortar stores, and with prime location comes a hefty lease price tag. How do store owners pay for this monthly expense? Their products! If you shop around, you will see that many physical stores have higher prices on products than online stores have for the exact item, and this is to pay for their space and overhead costs. By shopping online, you will get the best price and keep some money in your pocket!
For example, a popular local store now carries the same line of watches that Apostyle does. However, they have priced them over $50 more than we have. Also, retailers that carry a certain Designer as we do, prices their collection 15% higher than Apostyle.
What about the negative side of online shopping?
Before Apostyle began, we conducted a survey to find out what deterred women from shopping online. Here were the top explanations as to why women were hesitant to shop online:
- Photos of the items weren't detailed or clear. This made it difficult to really know what you're paying for and could lead to disappointment when the order arrived.
- Shipping and return costs
- Poorly designed websites that make it difficult to find anything.
- There isn't an available employee to answer questions.
Apostyle is none of these things!
We personally photograph every single item that we carry and you will see each angle and detail, as well as photos of the jewelry on a model to show you exactly what the jewelry looks like.
We are proud to offer free shipping on all Canadian orders over $75, and US orders over $150. And no matter where you live, returns are free and easy.
The Apostyle online jewelry boutique has an easy to shop layout with everything organized by type (ie. necklaces, bracelets, etc), or by Designer. You can also sort the lists by price, name, newest additions, etc. Also, feedback from customers helps Apostyle evolve and improve.
As the Proprietor of Apostyle, I welcome and encourage customers to reach out and ask any questions. If you need additional photos, want to Skype to see an item in person, or need help styling an outfit or selecting different jewelry to go with something you already own, I am here to help and typically respond within the hour.
What's stopping you? When life is so busy, go for convenience and save money while you're at it! Online shopping, especially when it comes to jewelry, is enjoyable, simple and cost effective.